An easy, but delicious spin on the classic Chicago Italian beef sandwich. The slow cooked tender beef easily shreds with a fork to provide a zesty beef sandwich complete with a tangy dipping au jus.
- 3 pound rump or Chuck roast
- 1 jar Bolder MixUp divided
- 1 packet dry Italian style salad dressing (0.7 ounce packet)
- 1 can beef broth
- 3 - 5 cloves fresh garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 package hoagie rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Trim any excess fat from the roast. Make small slits all over the roast and insert sliced garlic into the slits.
- Place roast in slow cooker (aka Crock Pot).
- Spread package of dry Italian seasoning over roast and rub evenly over the roast.
- Add beef broth and the liquid from the jar of MixUp. Do not add pickled vegetables at this time. Keep pickled vegetables refrigerated.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Slice the reserved pickled vegetable medley into bite size pieces, and add vegetables to slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to low, and cook for 2 more hours.
- When meat is done, it should easily shred with a fork.
- Serve meat mixture on toasted buns topped with cheese. Make sure to serve the au jus in a side bowl for dipping!
- Pepperoncini rings (juice drained or it will be too vinegary)
- Pearl onions