A quick and easy chili using Mary’s Mornin’ FiXXer bloody mary mix as the spicy tomato base. Mild enough for kids and wimps, but zesty enough to warm your stomach.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage ground, not links
- 1 bottle Mary's Mornin' FiXXer
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes with garlic with liquid
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans drained
- 1 can chili beans, mild drained
- 1 can hominy drained
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and Italian sausage to the hot pot, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot. Mix well with a large slotted spoon.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. 6 hours is recommended, but not necessary.
- Serve in a bowl topped with cheddar cheese and Fritos.