A modern twist on a traditional holiday recipe. Easily made with scratch ingredients, this recipe beat the traditional “mushroom soup” classic in a unanimous holiday vote.
Scot's Zesty Green Bean Casserole
- 1 jar Bolder Beans Mild
- 1 can cut green beans Drained
- 1 package Crispy Onions
- 1 cup white onion Chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drain Bolder Beans and chop into 1" long sections. Put Bolder Beans and cut green beans in a bowl and toss to combine. Place green beans in a 9 x 13” pan.
- Saute onions with butter over medium heat until translucent. Add flour and stir to coat. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
- Add cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook until thickened and cheese is melted.
- Pour mixture over green beans, Cover with onions. Bake 20-30 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, spread another layer of crispy onions over top. Garnish with more cheese if desired.